Cloud computing has brought about a step change in the economics and sustainability of Information and Communication Technology (ICT). Government is committed to the adoption of cloud computing and delivering computing resources. The G-Cloud is an iterative programme of work to achieve this which will deliver fundamental changes in the way the public sector procures and operates ICT.
The G-Cloud strategy outlines in more detail how we will:
- achieve large, cross government economies of scale
- deliver ICT systems that are flexible and responsive to demand in order to support government policies and strategies
- take advantage of new technologies in order to deliver faster business benefits and reduce cost
- meet environmental and sustainability targets
- allow government to procure in a way that encourages a dynamic and responsive supplier marketplace and supports emerging suppliers
Carbon3IT Ltd has been present on the G-Cloud since October 2012, and we have recently updated our portfolio products on the latest G4 iteration